As a team we are very diverse, covering 11 nationalities and specialties ranging from electronics design to composite lamination. We love and are 100% focused on what we do, but are at the same time conscious about finding an acceptable balance with our lives outside Candela. And being good to each other is key – work is hard but should be fun. Candela is a great place to work. And an insanely cool Product.
Do you want to join the electrification revolution and make a difference to the world’s oceans? Candela is looking for a Social Media Manager Intern for the spring of 2021.
Once in every generation a new technology comes along that completely changes the rules of the game. Candela is a watershed moment in the history of marine transportation. We build the world’s first all-electric hydrofoil craft, the very first electric boats that beat fossil fuel competitors in terms of performance. At our head office and factory in Lidingö, our 40-strong team develops and builds the next generation of electric craft.
This is a place where you’ll have great opportunities to learn, lead and perform at your best, shaping the future of Candela’s social media communication. The team at Candela is growing rapidly, with everyone from electronics design to composite lamination working side by side. Now we want you to join our team.
We are a small and fast-growing company comprised of some of the sharpest minds in their respective fields. In less than a year, we have gone from launching serial production of our first model, the Candela Seven, to becoming Europe’s fastest-selling electric boat brand. At Candela, we believe in a flat hierarchy, where everyone has responsibility, autonomy and the opportunity to provide input. Since we are growing at a fast pace, new opportunities are emerging constantly. We need ambitious, conscientious and value-driven new colleagues to help build of our business. In return, we promise to provide a dynamic, intellectually stimulating and fun workplace. We believe that personal and professional development is crucial and would love to see you try new things and learn about the many different aspects of Candela.
This is an exciting time to join our marketing and sales team since we are in full speed at launching a new visual identity and rebranding.
- As a marketing intern you will plan and execute social media marketing activities as well as coordinate these with the rest of the marketing and sales team. Marketing activities which you will be working with will include some of the following:
- Manage our social media (LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook)
- Building organic content (by making content on-board our boats)
- Paid media
- Development of brand awareness and online reputation
- Write short articles for our website and social media, promotional emails and other marketing materials
- Manage and send out monthly newsletters
- Planning webinars, and related contact management and follow up
Qualifications and skills we are looking for:
- Current enrollment in an educational program within social media/marketing/communications or similar
- A passion for social media
- Familiar with social media platforms
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Swedish
- Knowledge of and interest in making video content is highly meritorious
- Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop/Indesign and video editing software such as Adobe Premiere
- Self-driven and full of energy
- You like boats and being on the water!
We can promise great personal responsibility and the opportunity to strengthen your CV by implementing and keeping our own projects. At the same time, we provide clear and continuous feedback and support. As one of Sweden's hottest startups, we develop quickly which means that the right candidate, there are opportunities for possible employment after completing the internship.
Full time or part time at least 50%, start as soon as possible. You need to have a valid working permit. To make the best out of your internship at Candela, a minimum period of 8 weeks is required. We are flexible for you to combine studies or part-time work with this internship and please note that the position is unpaid.
We recruit on an ongoing basis, so apply as soon as possible. Successful candidates will be invited to an interview where you will have the opportunity to meet the team. Last day to apply is the 2nd of February, 2021. We welcome the opportunity to meet you!