As a team we are very diverse, covering 11 nationalities and specialties ranging from electronics design to composite lamination. We love and are 100% focused on what we do, but are at the same time conscious about finding an acceptable balance with our lives outside Candela. And being good to each other is key – work is hard but should be fun. Candela is a great place to work. And an insanely cool Product.
Candela’s ultimate purpose is to speed up the transition to fossil fuel-free lakes and oceans. We strive to re-think efficiency in marine transportation to radically push the performance boundaries of electric boats and ships.
By combining sensors, computers and advanced submerged hydrofoils, our electric craft fly above the water, reaching speeds and range previously attained only by fossil fuel powerboats.
After launching Candela C-7, Europe’s currently best-selling electric boat, we are venturing into public transport with the revolutionary foiling P-30 ferry, built for the city of Stockholm.
Production takes place in our factory in Stockholm, where a 50-strong, multinational team of experts within dynamic modelling, hardware design, hydrodynamics, control theory, machine learning and structural engineering work to build the next generation of waterborne transport.
We are now looking for a highly motivated CFO to support Candela’s growth.
As the CFO of Candela you are part of the management team. You will have both a strategic and operative responsibility and you will report to our CEO. To summarize, your main focus will be to:
- Lead and assure quality of routines and processes for budget, reporting and financials
- Lead fund raising process
- Work proactively to achieve Candela’s business goals
- In cooperation with COO and CEO continuously drive initiatives to reduce COGS through design changes, production process changes and sourcing
- Ensure legal compliance and risk management and secure insurance coverage
- Responsible for corporate governance
- Lead and develop projects in facility and IT
- Get company ready for and lead an eventual IPO
To be successful in the role you probably have
- A Bachelor's or master's degree in economics
- At least 10 years of experience in Financial Controlling / Business Controlling / Audit
- Experience of working in a fast-growing organization. Preferably also experience from a manufacturing company
- Experience of financial forecasting and follow-up
- Experience from fundraising
- An experienced negotiator
Join a stellar team
By bringing together some of the world’s brightest researchers and engineers, we are pushing the boundaries of marine transportation. We take great pride in building engagement within our teams. Our internal motto is “with a revolutionary spirit and kindness”, which translates into an open and honest work environment – work is hard but fun.
This is a full-time position at our Headquarter and production facility in Gåshaga, Lidingö. Working language is English, if you also know Swedish it will be a benefit for yourself, but it is not a prerequisite for the role.
The selection and interview process is ongoing, so send your application in English as soon as it is ready. Primary location is our Headquarter and production facility in Gåshaga, Lidingö. Last day to apply is May 11th, 2021. Kindly note that we cannot process applications sent via email.
We welcome the opportunity to meet you!