As a team we are very diverse, covering 11 nationalities and specialties ranging from electronics design to composite lamination. We love and are 100% focused on what we do, but are at the same time conscious about finding an acceptable balance with our lives outside Candela. And being good to each other is key – work is hard but should be fun. Candela is a great place to work. And an insanely cool Product.
Candela’s ultimate purpose is to speed up the transition to fossil fuel-free lakes and oceans. We strive to re-think efficiency in marine transportation to radically push the performance boundaries of electric boats and ships. By combining sensors, computers and advanced submerged hydrofoils, our electric craft fly above the water, reaching a speed and range previously attained only by fossil fuel powerboats.
After launching Candela C-7, Europe’s currently best-selling electric boat, we’re now venturing into public transport with the revolutionary foiling ferry P-30 ferry, for the city of Stockholm. Production takes place in Stockholm, where a 50-strong, multinational team of experts within dynamic modelling, hardware design, hydrodynamics, control theory, machine learning and structural engineering works alongside technicians to build the next generation of waterborne transport.
We are now looking for a highly motivated Sales and Marketing Director in US to support Candela scale and growth. The Director is an essential role for Candela since the leisure boat market in the US is large. Until today we have sold six, out of 30 Candela boats to the US. 70% of the inbound leads come from the US. During 2021 we will register a Candela US company.
What you’ll do:
As the Sales and Marketing Director of Candela US you are part of the Sales & Marketing team. You’ll have both a strategic and operative responsibility and you’ll report to our Candela Chief Revenue Officer. To summarize, your main focus will be to:
- Create and execute on a US Sales and Marketing plan
- Generating new leads, and convert incoming leads originating from US
- Manage PR, making sure we get attention in press & media
- Manage marketing activities, such as event, fairs and digital marketing
- Build up and manage a US partner network in key boating areas, covering both sales and service
- Ensure legal compliance and risk management and secure insurance coverage in areas such as import, sales contracts, service & warranty
- Over time, build up our US company in terms of physical presence, staffing, showrooms etc.
- Work proactively to achieve and support Candela’s business goals
To be successful in the role you probably have:
- A bachelor's degree in business or science
- At least 5 years of experience in Sales and Marketing
- A minimum of five years' experience in the U.S. boating industry
- Experience of working in a fast-growing organization and preferably EV-companies
- A genuine interest in technology and boating
- Willingness to travel across the states, demonstrating our ingenious product
Life at Candela
By bringing together some of the world’s brightest researchers and engineers, we are pushing the boundaries of technology. We take great pride in quality of the boats, as well as in building engagement and trust in our teams. Our internal motto is “with a revolutionary spirit and kindness”, which translates into an open and honest work environment – work is hard but fun.
The selection and interview process is ongoing, so send your application in English as soon as it is ready. Primary location to be discussed, but preferably in a key boating area. Last day to apply is May 15th, 2021. Kindly note that we cannot process applications sent via email.
We welcome the opportunity to meet you!